I suggest you ...

Ability to click on POIs

Ability to click on POIs and view its data.

535 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Philipp MeierPhilipp Meier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"add an overlay to load POI's directly from the osm database and show them on the map" is not the same than clicking on POI's!
        With POI's directly loaded from the OSM database you can see them if you want, and if you don't want to see some kinds of POI's you wont see them and therefore you cannot click on them!

• !i!Admin!i! (Admin, openstreetmap) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

*merged* Anonymous wrote: Use OpenStreetBrowser as default. To minimize traffic use tiles@home for rendering AND hosting!

Tiles@home currently only supports to distribute the work load of rendering osm-data to png. They are uploaded to the main server. What about using this system also to provide the files themselve? As an example: For France there are 200 Servers for tiles@home. If somebody wants to see France on his computer, the main osm.org server knows, which servers in France are able to show these for our user. I think it is very important to make everything decentral. By that server downtimes are nearly impossible...

• !i!Admin!i! (Admin, openstreetmap) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

*merged* Anonymous wrote: Use interface of the OpenStreetBrowser. Great renderer, great interface!

The OpenStreetBrowser is capable of showing every single feature tagged in the osm data. Although the project is still in beta status it offers outstanding possibilibies of showing or hiding relevant data. By the way: The map style looks just awsome! I prefer the OSB to the osm.org

Feedback and Knowledge Base